Send play clothes! Campers should bring t-shirts and shorts that are OK to get dirty, or activity-appropriate clothing such as jeans and boots for horseback riding (required), swim suits for swimming, etc.
A nice outfit for dance night might be important.
Good tennis shoes are a must at camp. If your child does not know how to tie her shoes yet, the Velcro closures will accommodate her dressing quickly between activity times at camp!
A small plastic bucket will be helpful in keeping up with her shower items, shampoo, soap, etc..
For your child's safety, riding boots or hard-soled shoes with a definite heel ARE REQUIRED to prevent the foot from sliding too deeply into the stirrup and becoming dangerously wedged. Thank you for not putting us in the position of having to refuse your child the pleasure of riding because of lack of proper foot attire.
Arts & Crafts (if you plan to take A&C):
Bring a White T-shirt (100% cotton) for Tie Dyeing. It’s ok to bring more than one if you want. A Riverview logo shirt works well for this too and are available for purchase in Chiki Boutiki.
All white Sundays - white camp t-shirt are fine with white shorts. (not for opening day)
Fun Things to Plan For
We have lots of fun things to do each day…that are above and beyond activities!
- Mentone or Monogram Monday
- Tie-Dye Tuesday - wear something Tie Dye! We have adorable camp Tie-Dye t-shirts in Chiki Boutiki that are perfect for this.
- Wacky Hair Wednesday - Wear something fun in your hear on this day! Mrs. Susan always wears a big flower!
- Favorite Team Thursday
- Favorite Riverview Tee Friday
- Silly Sock Saturday
Flag Raising Ceremony
Navy shorts and a white shirts (camp t-shirts are fine) are required. Every cabin group will be assigned a day to be in charge of the ceremony.
Special Events by Session
Bring appropriate fun items OR buy them in Chiki Boutiki.
- Session M: Beach Party Blow-out!
- Session 1: Mardi-Gras! – purple, gold and green
- Session 2: Riverview Olympics, and July 4th Celebration! -- red white and blue
- Session 3: Christmas in July! – red and green
- A small gift for your “Secret Santa buddy”
- Session 4: Miss Riverview Pageant!
- fun costume will be useful
Out of Camp Trips
Navy shorts and a white camp t-shirt are required. Riverview reserves the right to cancel any trip if there are not enough participants.
Nantahala or Ocoee Trips
Water shoes that will not come off easily!
Please discuss with the director to determine appropriateness and safe storage of musical instruments, sports equipment, etc. BEFORE bringing them to camp.
- Are always fun to use at camp!
What not to bring or send
Our purpose in having a "not to bring list" is to create a safe and wholesome environment that all children and staff can experience. We want campers, staff and parents to know that Riverview is a camp community with guidelines and boundaries that offers security and safety.