Ready, Set, Camp!.
Riverview Camp Health and Safety Guidelines regarding 2022
Greetings from Lookout Mountain! We know you have been eagerly waiting for summer to get here! We are so excited to see you soon. Just a reminder that if you have a friend that wants to join you at camp this summer, now is the time for them to complete an application!
We are so thankful that the Covid/virus decline is making it possible to open camp “normally”! However, if conditions change, we reserve the right to change protocols to what is necessary to insure health at camp. Whether your daughter is returning to camp or joining us for the first time, we want Riverview Camp to be her “home away from home”.
With this in mind, we are excited to welcome our campers and staff back to Riverview!
- Testing Before Camp: Currently we are not requiring a negative test before arrival into camp. However, we will ask you to review the waiver below indicating covid free status. You are not required to upload any of the covid requirements relating to testing. You may upload the vaccination or antibody/covid virus information (though not required) if you would like for us to have that in her medical records.
- Covid Vaccinations: A fully vaccinated camp (or antibodies) offers the best protection available for the camping community. If you are still considering vaccination, please consult with your daughter’s physician who is her consistent medical professional.
- One of the keys to a successful summer without pre-testing will be bringing your girls in without recent exposure. In the week prior to summer camp please do everything you can to avoid exposure to Covid.
Please use caution prior to her session (who she is around, etc). If your daughter has a close-contact covid exposure prior to camp, please test her at home or morning of camp, and make appropriate session-change decision based on test results. If negative, discuss with the medical staff so they can be aware.
- Only a camper presenting covid-suspicious symptoms will be tested and in the event a campers should be positive for Covid 19 while at camp, she will be isolated briefly. We are not equipped for long-term isolation and therefore the camper should be picked up as soon as possible, within 12 hours of diagnosis in order to complete isolation according to current protocols.
- Campers are asked to check in on the opening days, not on the following day, etc. We are asking that our campers stay in camp until closing day of her sessions(s).
Additional Pre-Camp Information Details:
- Camp fees and spending money, originally due May 1st, must be paid in full at least 1 week before arrival at camp.
- Health History form must be completed online one week before arrival to camp. Camper’s medications must be entered online on the Medication Form before arriving to camp. Campers may not keep any medication (Tylenol, etc.) in their cabins.
- Check-in times:
8:30 am to 10:30 AM CDT on two-week opening days
9:30-11:00 on B, D and F one-week opening days (2nd week of a session).
- Parent’s may accompany your camper to check in at the office, for her health screening in the gym, Chiki Boutiki and to her cabin. To help congestion in the cabin we are asking that only one adult at a time be with her in the cabin.
- Closing day procedure will be similar as opening day procedure.
ABOUT THIS SUMMER:
- Our mission is that every girl will feel God’s presence at Riverview and above all, that she feels safe here, as she participates in and enjoys camp life this summer.
- Cabins will operate the same as they always have. Cabins will be our campers’ primary family. Campers will not be allowed to enter cabins that are not their own.
- During mealtimes, cabin inspection, rest period, shower times and bedtime, campers and staff will interact with their cabin family. Your camper will need to bring a caddy or Zip-lock bag for shower time, with just her shower items.
- Prior to meals, Riverview will continue our practice of placing hand sanitizer on the hand of every camper and staff entering the building. Meals will be eaten with cabin groups as usual and physically distant from other cabins.
- Our activity programs will operate as usual with girls participating in the activities they select, and as usual, will remain in their “age or skill level groups”.
- Caution this and every summer is an expectation not an option.
Thank you for trusting us with your daughter(s). We look forward to seeing you at Riverview!
Dr. Larry and Susan Hooks
Owners and Directors
Riverview Camp for Girls
Activity Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Accounting Questions: email@example.com
Medical Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Read important information below:
Riverview Camp for Girls 2022 Waiver: General and Covid/variants/any virus
This is a copy of our medical and general waiver for you to review prior to arrival for SUMMER CAMP and is subject to change if the medical climate changes in the USA. We will have this printed off for each participant family once you arrive in camp!
Please read IN ADVANCE to avoid a wait at check-in.
Have you recently tested POSITIVE for Covid? Y N If yes, when? _______________________
BY ENTERING OUR CAMPUS, YOU ARE ACKNOWLEDGING THAT YOU AND YOUR DAUGHTER(S) or anyone in your vehicle HAVE BEEN HEALTHY PRIOR TO ARRIVING ON RIVERVIEW CAMPUS AND HAVE ANSWERED “NO” TO THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS:
- Have you come into close contact with someone who has a laboratory confirmed COVID/VARIANTS/ diagnosis in the past 10 days for more than 15 minutes?
- Have you tested positive for covid within the past 10 days?
- Have you or anyone in your household experienced any of the following during the last 24 hours? Fever or chills, cough, headache, body aches or fatigue, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, new loss of taste or smell, nausea/vomiting, diarrhea.
- Have you been told to quarantine within the last 7-14 days?
- Have you been given orders by a medical professional to self-isolate in the past 10 days
- Have you experienced a temperature above 100.3 in the past seven days for more than two days?
If you have concerns about being exposed to or sick with COVID-19/variants/any virus, please select another session date to attend.
I am fully aware that I am personally responsible for the safety of MY actions while on the Riverview Campus and that I recognize that I (anyone in our vehicle) or my daughter(s) may be at risk of contracting Covid19/variants or any virus.
Covid19/Any Virus: With full knowledge of the risks involved, I hereby release, waive, discharge Riverview Camp, Inc., Nature’s Classroom Atop Lookout Mountain, Inc., and it’s owners, employees, representatives and other clients from any and all liabilities, claims, demands, actions, and causes of action whatsoever, directly or indirectly arising out of or related to any loss, damage, injury, illness or death, that may be sustained by me or my child or my family related to Covid19/variants/any other viruses while participating in any activity that may lead to unintentional exposure or harm due to Covid19/variants/any other viruses while in, on, or around the premises or while using the facility or after departure from the facility. I agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the organization from and against any and all cost, expenses, damages, lawsuits, and/or liabilities or claims arising whether directly or indirectly from or related to any and all claims made by or against any of the released party due to injury, loss, or death from or related to Covid19 or any virus.
I have carefully read this agreement and understand its contents. I also understand that should I not agree, I do not have permission to be on these premises and am considered to be trespassing on this property.
WE WILL HAVE ORIGINALS FOR YOU WHEN YOU ARRIVE ON CAMPUS